Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Sister, Alicia

Challenge Summer #17 : This prompt has been given to me by Alicia Meadows, as you may have guessed. Word/Page Limit : 500 words or beyond. Originally she asked for 3000-30000, but I'm sorta shrugged it off (:

So where to start? It all started back in third grade. In the last semester actually. It was the second day of school after our winter break and my actual second day of school. Meaning, I was the new kid. My first thought when I saw her was, "Oh man. She's tall". 'Cause trust me, she was. We became closer over the year and in the fourth grade, we were put in the same class as well. And I think that's when we became best friends. There are gazillions of memories from then. Starting from, Rasper Inc. which was this 'company' my friends and I made where you make clay out of eraser dust. Yeah, we were weird. But hey, there's nothing wrong about being a little weird.

And then came fifth grade, which was like hell. I got put in this other class and all my friends including Alicia were in another. It was horrible. I get shivers just thinking about it. Sixth grade was fun, there were tons of new friends we made. So that was cool. Seventh went by really weirdly. Thinking back, my best friends who I have right now were like my strangers back in that year. Eighth was amazing. It was when my actual...wait. Isn't this post about Alicia and not my school years? Shoot.

Coming to Alicia, she's a pretty cool girl. Well she's actually just the opposite. Just kidding Ale. Yeah, that's what we call her. She's really sweet, quite weird, super talented, a total teacher's pet, which can get quite a bit annoying :) She has an amazing voice and she writes songs too. Yup, she does. There's this one I love called, 'You're The Reason'. She's probably the most gentle person and sensitive person I've ever met. She's kinda strange, but that's just one of the things that make her my best friend.

Over the years, she's grown to be more than my friend... she's like my sister. I tell her everything and she does too. We travel together to places sometimes (did I tell you we went in an airplane all by OURSELVES?). We meet up at one of our houses atleast twice a week, without fail (kudos to piano class). We fight A LOT. Trust me, but it's all minutes of bickering. We bicker for like 2 minutes, give each other the cold shoulder for a minute and then crack a joke and go back to normal. So it's pretty cool between us most of the time.

This is our last year together, considering the fact that we're going to part ways next year. After spending over 6 years with her, it's going to be quite hard. But we're going to stay best friends forever.




1 comment:

  1. indeed a true friendship....bless you both and wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete