Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Voice

Along with my two other friends, I've successfully completed writing a ballad. Although it requires a lot more editing, here's how it goes...
Whilst riding me horse,
I hear a precious tone.
Hear an enthralling voice.
I stop startled.
Turn me horse 'round,
To follow the irresistible melody.
I come closer to see,
A beautiful maiden,
Dressed in pearl green.
Singing thy song,
Whilst picking berries.
Then I know,
How it feels,
To be encaptured by
One's love and beauty
I get down me horse,
In a trance of fascination.
I stand mesmerized,
Wanting to speak,
I stumble forward,
Taking a breath,
To say four words,
In the enchanting moment.
All of a sudden,
Four men appear from the woods,
Gag the maiden,
And within a flash,
Took the lady away.
I run to me horse
In shock and despair,
To chase the men,
Who took love away.
The minutes that followed,
I fought the men,
Just like Trevelyan,
And took my love with me.
At last I say the four words,
"Will you marry me?"
- 'The Voice' by Summer, Anjali and Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment