Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Typical Fun Movie

Challenge Summer #11 : The prompt, 'Write About Our Movie', has been given to me by Swetha. Word/Page Limit - Not specified

So it all started off with an email thread between Swetha and Karen. They made this really 'cheesy' script for a movie and I told them to forward it to me. And they did. I read it and started laughing out loud. It was actually like a sort of mash up between the music video of You Belong With Me and the movie A Cinderella Story. They considered themselves to be the directors of the movie and I placed myself as the producer of the movie. From that point onwards, we began to decide our cast crew which I shall explain later. The script, in brief, is as follows.

To start off with, there's the popular guy called Austin and this other nerdy girl called Emily. Emily's best friend is Natalie, who constantly falls into fights with Em because she can't stand up for herself and is real shy and stuff. The other main character is Ashley, the popular spoiled girl.

So Austin and Em are neighbors. The neighbor kind in You Belong With Me. You know the ones, where the guy's bedroom is like opposite the girls'? Like in Spiderman too? Anyways, Em always liked Austin. So one day, Austin and Em get paired up as science partners for the fair. From that point onwards, Austin and Em begin to interact more often although Em is the typical her, all shy and to her self. One day, Austin realizes that Em is too shy to look at him and tells her not to be scared. Then there's this other part where Austin asks Em if she's coming to prom and Em says that she isn't because she has to study. Total You Belong With Me ripoff. I know. Anyways, the rest of the story is how Ashley causes problems between the two. One night, during a family dinner, Austin calls her aside and talks to Em. They sort everything out and then get back together. This time, officially. The last scene is at prom with them waltzing. The End.

So yeah. That's pretty much it. Typical teenage story, I know. But hey, I didn't make the script. It was all Karen and Swetha. It was cool when I read the script although it's like the average American-o styled story, it was hilarious and fun reading it. Plus, it's not like we're actually making a movie. It's totally for fun purposes.

Anyways, Swetha and I decided the cast crew for the story. Here's how it is.
Austin : Logan Lerman/Zac Efron
Emily : Megan Nicole/??? (we're not sure yet...)
Ashley : Taylor Swift/Tiffany Alvord
Natalie : Anne Hathaway
Austin's Best Friends : Liam Payne and Joe Jonas
Austin's Mom/Emily's Mom : Ellen DeGeneres
Austin's Mom/Emily's Mom : Marie Canals Barrera
Other Minor Roles : Rest of One Direction and The Other Jo Bros
Soundtrack by : Christina Grimmie/Boyce Avenue/Alicia Meadows

So yes. This is practically it. YO HAPPY NOW SWETHAA?

---

Keep sending in more 'Challenge Summer!' prompts! You may give it to me by posting comments on any one of my posts or by face-to-face contact. I promise to blog about whatever prompt you give me!

1 comment:

  1. OOHH N I FORGOT
    THE TOILETS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SUMMER RITE A BLOG BOUT TOILETS..:)))
    Q-< (COOL NINJA WHOS SOOO COOL)

    ReplyDelete