Saturday, March 31, 2012

STALKERS.

A couple of friends and I went to the mall today to celebrate Karen's birthday. Swetha, Alicia and I met up a little early to buy her presents. The presents we got were amazing. No kidding. But that's an entirely different story. So anyways, we went into this store and while Swetha and Alicia were obsessing over some PEACE t-shirt, I felt someone's eyes on me. I looked around to see this guy looking at me. I had a bad feeling and moved behind the clothes rack. He moved too and did this weird salute thing and made a kind of face they show in movies before doing something bad/scary. Being as paranoid as I am, I grabbed Swetha and told her to come aside. I told them quickly what had happened and we shuffled around the aisles until we landed up at the cutlery aisle. I was so tensed, I couldn't even catch my breath. I had to grab Swetha's arm tight 'cause I felt like I was about to faint. I could swear that they could hear my heartbeat out loud. They told me I was obsessing over something that was probably 100% stupid and coincidental and would be perfectly alright. But I still had a pretty bad feeling about that guy. I convinced them to come out of the store and we left. We didn't catch a glimpse of him and I began to feel better. I thought he wouldn't come back, but I was wrong.

After all the usual 'hi's' and 'hello's', we were just fooling around at the arcade. And then, that guy came with three of his other friends and said something to his friend. All of them began to look at me. Then that guy started to walk opposite but look at me every 5 seconds. I was hyperventilating. I had to catch hold of both of them before I thought I would faint. He did that again and then, I told Karen's mom and pointed at that guy. He caught me doing so. And then, Karen's mom told her dad. Her dad looked seriously at the guy for about a minute and he seemed to disappear. But it wasn't over yet.

We were bowling when I saw that guy leaning over the railing next to our bowling alley. I was freaking out inside but pretended to try appearing strong on the outside. After a while, I guess he got bored and vanished again. But then, he came back and placed himself a few yards behind us. I wasn't as scared as then because both her parents were right there and they knew about it. Even if he would do the slightest bit of thing, I would have gone straight to Karen's dad and told him. He must've got irritated and he walked away. And I never saw him after that.

That was probably the second freakiest thing that ever happened to me. The first one being I thought I was about to get kidnapped in India, but that's another story. The whole time at the mall, I wasn't able to rest. I felt that he would come again. But he didn't. And I'm glad.

I don't think I want to go to the mall any time sooner.

1 comment:

  1. WHOA.
    This is FREAKY.
    Vaguely cool, maybe, to me as the bystander (also that person who thinks things like this are cool).
    But mostly FREAKY.
    - Questa

    ReplyDelete